Here’s a quick guide to knowing when it might be time to reach out to your trusted towing services provider rather than fight through a problem on your own.
Assessing Your Situation and Needs
- Is my vehicle broken down in a place that is safe for me to exit, assess any damage, and fix what’s wrong?
- Is the problem something that is easily fixable, such as running out of gas or changing a flat tire?
- Is the time of day conducive to safety? Is it light enough outside that other motorists can see me as I’m working?
- Are the weather conditions conducive to safety? Is it warm or cool enough that I am not at risk of freezing or heatstroke?
If the answer to any of those questions is no, or if you’re incapacitated in any way, it’s best to call in the professionals. Carry your trusted towing services provider’s contact information in your cell phone as well as in hard copy in your emergency kit so you’ll know where to find it should the need arise.
When to Call a Towing Services Professional
- Your vehicle breaks down on a busy road or in an unsafe neighborhood.
- It is dark outside or the road conditions have made it too difficult for you to safely assess and mitigate the problem.
- The weather is too hot or cold, making it potentially hazardous to wait outside or inside your vehicle for too long.
- Your vehicle is generally unsafe, either due to engine issues, position on the road, or some other problem.
- Your spare tire is flat (Side note, it’s best to check spare tire pressure once per quarter to ensure it’s ready for an emergency).
- You’re experiencing bad weather, like a thunderstorm, heavy rain or icy conditions, which would prevent you from being able to safely assess and fix a problem.
If you’re experiencing a problem you can’t remedy on your own, call your trusted towing services professionals near you to come and help you out. It’s always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting yourself and your passengers!